Monday 18 August 2014

FN2. World of Trading

 Trading is my hobby.  But that doesn't mean I have a lot to spend to fulfill my hobby though.  When you talk about trading, you can trade shares, money, vehicles, used items, or anything at all.  So the hobby that I have is to trade shares, which simply means buy and sell shares online, with profit, or in some instance with loss.
I started off by trading currency, better known as Foreign exchange trading or FOREX. It's a method of buying one currency against another and selling the currency you bought when the price has risen.  The difference is your profit.
The good thing about trading currency is that, you can trade it both ways i.e. instead of buying a currency that you think will rise, you can start from selling a currency that you think will fall.  In both instant, the different is your profit.
But wait, because currency trading is very much a guess work, what happen if you guess the currency movement wrongly?  You will find the money you use to buy those currency will now reduce, believe it or not, it could reduce down to zero, the point of no return, and you take the total loss.
You might ask, what happen to the money that you have lost, where does it goes to.  Those are the money that guys who have correctly guessed the currency movement will need to pocket.  It's your money.
Due to the highly riskier and due to the bad experience in currency trading that I had, I looked for an alternative.  Then I migrated to share trading. After knowing how to trade shares, I realised it is less risky, the movement of share price is rather slow and in some cases are predictable.  I never had this kind of feeling when trading currency.  
So I would now share on how to trade using a user-friendly platform called i-trade, operated by CIMB Investment.
Snapshot of my FBMKLCI trading portfolio.
This is the snapshot of the trading platform page that is working in real-time with the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) Bursa Malaysia Composite Index, known as FBMKLCI.  Eventhough it is suppose to be real-time, it is sometime lagging in the self-refresh but luckily there is a refresh button on the top right of the page.  The page shown above just show page 1, for KLCI there are plenty more pages, with each one shows about thirteen counters.  So there are plenty of counters to choose from.

Page showing all my favourite counters.
You also want to monitor some counters before trading, and the FAV function is pretty useful.  In my case, I have about twelve favourite counters that I monitor.
And the biggest BONUS for using i-trade is that you can also trade shares listed in Hong Kong equities, Singapore, New York, and NASDAQ.
If you are thrilled, I will now show you how to apply for this facility.


No comments:

Post a Comment