Friday 3 October 2014

E4. Girls Day Out

It started off with a simple breakfast, at least for me (the writer) who happened to be hanging around with them at that time.  Does it mean I was not invited?  Of course I did but this is about girls day out, so I have to be low profile this time.
I try to relate to something that they did, and later I realised they were very much into Japanese outlets that day.  Let's see.

Well okay, they had their breakfast at Hometown Kopitiam, not really Japanese restaurant, so we can count this out. 
By the way, Hometown Kopitiam has been around since 1960, at least according to what is written on the signage.  I have problem looking for the link to their homepage though, maybe they don't really have a homepage.



The menu is quite elaborated and you can almost find anything there.


Errr....that me hoon is mine.   Soooo delicious.
Look....they even exchange gifts.
I went to the washroom for a while, but when I came back, they have already exchanged gifts. 
Wait a minute, this is not about food review, so I have to get back to the main story of Japanese outlets.


DAISO

There are currently many Japan-looking outlets sprang up like flowers in autumn.  One of such outlet is DAISO JAPAN. DAISO was established in 1972 as an outlet selling household products.  The concept of selling products with a fixed price is popular in Japan with 100 yen (hyaku en) shop can be found everywhere. 


 What did our ladies bought?  I don't know. One thing for sure, they look for more things Japanese.




COREO   Hida-Takayama

It came as a surprise to me, looking at its name COREO doesn't sound Japan at all.  COREO is Vietnam-based furniture outlet made of expensive woods thus its price, should I say exorbitant?  I am also having problem with their homepage, or is it my wi-fi?

If you are thinking they are not interested, think again.  Joey spent longer than the rest negotiating on some furniture.  All the best Joey!

That many profit now you want to close?

It must be something to do with that negotiation that immediately after we step out of the shop, the store keeper decided to close for the day.  But its still early.


JAPAN HOME CENTRE

Don't be misled by its name.  JHC originated from Hong Kong, which began operation in a small shop selling household products about 20 years back.
Japan here we come.

Don't think they have bought anything here.

SHUSI KING

After those walking and shopping, they feel tired and hungry.  What is better than to have lunch at another Japanese restaurant, Sushi King. I have written an article on the visit to Sushi King so no repetition here.


All in all, that was a memorable day for the ladies.  As for the writer, the breakfast and lunch was superb.
Hmmm....I heard they were talking about the next day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment